FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paying USA income, property or other taxes with a credit card
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:35 pm
yoyo

Originally Posted by DCBob
1. GetawaysRus: No, there is no monthly limit on paying taxes with a SunTrust debit card, and you do get SkyMiles for the taxes paid. There is a $35K per transaction limit, but I had a SunTrust official temporarily increase the limit to $41K for one of my payments (but I had to escalate my request to a manager).

2. yoyo: You are using the WRONG third-party payer. You need to use payusatax.com, NOT officialpayments.com, to get a flat fee of $3.49.
Thanks DCBob.

I just checked I paid NY state tax last year via official payments and paid 3.XX flat fee with ST debit card. But it looks like for CT state tax the fee is always 2.35% regardless if you use a debit card or credit card. Unfortunately CT only takes payments from officialpayments.com so I am stuck. Federal tax is no problem since I can pay with payusatax.com. I will just need to write CT a check. No big deal since it is only 5K so I will just need to make two more trips to WM to make up the lost miles :-)