FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official 2013 Category Changes - effective 5 March 2013
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:19 pm
jrothenb

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
This announcement is very disappointing and there's no way around it. There may be some folks who benefit, but far more are hurt by it. So many category 2 and 3 properties went up. Many of the "good deals" are now gone. Starwood also killed most of the airport properties, many of which had low redemption rates and were an important help during flight cancellations, etc.

In particular, some disappointments for me include all of the Massachusetts devaluations, especially Springfield and Boston Logan, Sheraton Lake Buena Vista was an excellent Disney option at category 2, and too many more to list here.

For those of us whose loyalty and public advocacy have allowed this "management company" called Starwood to grow and prosper in such wonderful ways, this massive devaluation is a real kick in the teeth.

SPG - I still love you, but I'm angry at you right now. Make it better!

Lurker - how about going up the chain with a suggestion to offer another Platinum 50% off points redemption promo to soften the blow?

Last edited by jrothenb; Feb 20, 2013 at 5:29 pm