FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF will not interline anymore across reservations?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:59 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
On the wider issue, agents can technically do it, it is unclear whether kiosks can do it. But at this stage, there is no BA style or DL-inspired policy to deny through check on separate PNRs to non-SkyTeam carriers. It is left to the agent's discretion.
Two trends that need to be watched,though :
- if a policy is formalized one day, I don't think it will be as open-minded as the current practice; OTOH, the emphasis at AF is very strong on moving from a rigid task oriented approach to employee empowerment, at least in the area of customer interaction
- the implementation of the new DCS involves increased automation and formalization of rules that do not always reflect a policy shift; all the kinks should be ironed out before the rollout at the hub, though
Let's stick for a moment with Goldorak's example of CDK-BKK(AF)-USM(PG).

I am 100% in favor of having an explicit formal policy. One that is official and adhered to, whether it is systematic interlining or no interlining. Having no policy and therefore letting the whim of a check-in agent decide is bad. So you make a booking and go to the airport not knowing what to expect and possibly missing a collection (to clear immigration and collect/recheck luggage). I know that the "flou artistique" can be an art, but I much prefer to know what to expect both at CDG and at out-stations. Frankly, I fail to see what employee empowerment means in this case, except that you cannot predict the idiosyncrasies of the agent you will happen to confront. Any criteria why an agent would exercise discretion in interlining bags to PG for one customer and not for another?

Last edited by brunos; Feb 19, 2013 at 3:08 am