FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:38 pm
pbd456

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Happy
While the US Airway's J award is cheaper - is HKG in Norther Asia per US chart? or simply because of its incompetent agents that one often gets lucky to use the 90K award? US award is a r/t system versus AA's one-way. Also US charges fee on changes while most changes on AA award are free - I value the flexibility a lot.

Still, if you do not live in oneworld city and not use AA award, why you want 20K AA miles/month?
hkg is in north asia. i dont need that much flexibility as my holiday is quite fixed.
well, in the low interest rate envirnoment, miles is more valuable.
i hope to redeem some asia/middle easr award in J for 30k (did 3 for my parents, but i have never done one myself.) have done nrt - bos (stop) - mbj in J on 787 and probably try to do more of those. but there is no doubt that it takes effort to redeem miles as i am MRs so many weekends already - being single is a big plus in this hobby.

there are just so many valuable redemption, japan to south pacific one way in J for 20k. north asia to europe round trip for 80k under US, and so on. without using the stopover, AA often loses out.

it is nice to have the miles so that i can plan interesting trips but it seems unrealistic for me to burn all the miles like many people here are.