FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hey, thanks for trying to keep it civil here. . .
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:12 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigLar
Hilton/Marriott = $179/night + $10 for Wifi = comfortable night, great breakfast.

Choice = $60/night + $0 Wifi = comfortable night plus enough savings to pay for the best damn breakfast you'll ever see with cash left over. And enough change to pay for the paper you really want to read.
Unless you can LNF (BRG) Marriott into Choice-type rates. I do that all the time now, to the point where I got to Marriott Plat with that (plus the 15 night boost from the Chase Marriott Premier Visa) last year, and it was the first year I didn't requalify for Diamond at Choice. Yet I was paying about the same.

(This works at Marriot, and apparently only well at Marriott, because Marriott gives 25% off the third-party rate, instead of a free night, and thus there's no cap on LNFs at Marriott, while there is on BRGs from all programs which give you your a free night when you find a BRG. I need 3 nights a week, so only a BRG that's highly repeatable helps me.)

And with (Gold+) status, the wifi is free at Marriott too.

OTOH, the free breakfast at Marriotts (in the US) is weekdays only...