FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA - US Merger Agreement / Announcement / DOJ Action Discussion (consolidated)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:17 am
Carolinian

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by terminator33
Based on past mergers I think we all know that FF and elite benefits are going to be reduced. The only question is by how much.
If AA were in the drivers seat, instead of Parker (with his DWI's) being at the wheel, I would think there was at least a chance of an acceptable outcome. DWI's aside, Parker is not customer-friendly.

When DL took over NW, from my experience as a past DL gold medallion, I knew that was going to be horror story for us Worldperks elites. I had already bailed out of DL once, so I left for CO. I was right, it did turn into a horror story at DL.

When the CO and UA merger happened, I was initially cautiously optimistic, but once they rolled it out, I learned that this attitude was misplaced, and it was again a screw job on passengers. I bailed out to AA.

With Parker, there is little doubt that there will be another screw job. The question will be just how bad. I expect that it will be bad enough to just say to heck with status and ff programs. There will not be a worthwhile program left.