FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First TR: Local food in Kyushu & a bit of sightseeing
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:30 am
sushiinSYD

First TR: Local food in Kyushu & a bit of sightseeing

Hello forum.
As I have been enjoying reading a lot of TRs, I thought I should contribute some as an appreciation. But what can I do?
I fly to Kyushu for twice a year to see my family. This time a friend of mine wanted to join, so I decided to visit Naha (Okinawa), my birth place, and Kagoshima as well.
So why not give it a go to introduce mainly some local food and a bit of sight seeing spots. Any feedback is highly welcome. You may need to spare with my poor English, though.

As we flew to Okinawa first, let’s star with Naha.

The first night at Naha, I really wanted to go to a certain restaurant, but, alas, the owner has got a horrible flue… So we went to a one of Izakaya (tavern), instead. The food was quite ordinary, except for two dishes which I liked a lot.

Left; Tofu with lightly salted fish topping. Right: Shallot tempura.
Tofu was quite dense with good flavour and fish was salty enough, so I did not need anything to add.

The first night was a bit disappointing, but well see…

The next day, went to Ryukyu palace. The time I lived in Naha, the place was almost some ruin which I loved. But now they have started rebuilding the palace, which only made me feel it has lost something.
So no photos of the palace, sorry… Instead, near the palace there is a stone pavement called Kinjo-cho ishidatami (金城町石畳). It is about 1.5 km long and very steep.

Makes me wondered how awful when it rains…

Sorry, I cannot add the pics. Please disregards this thread.

Last edited by sushiinSYD; Feb 20, 2013 at 3:01 am Reason: Unable to add images