FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:08 pm
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Do some LEOs feel intimidated by the TSA?
How REAL law enforcement professionals view the TSA ^

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
I asked to have the resolution pat down in public, was refused. Was told that I would not be able to fly if I did not comply. "No problem, my work will be upset but I don't really want to go anyway." TSA Three Striper replied "Well I can call them and let them know why you can't come."
When TSA employees ask about what I do for a living, I always decline to provide any information.

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
My TSA Precheck is just a few weeks away from finding its way into the system. I finished my interview at MIA last week.
I'm curious what questions are being asked during the PreCheck interview. A PM would be fine if you'd rather not post in the forum.

Originally Posted by reamworks
When I opt-out at SJC, they INSIST that I walk through the machine and they assure me that it's not on.
Is there a gate to walk through?

Originally Posted by FearFree
This would have been my (non)reaction as well. Let him pull my shorts down in front of everyone.
Same here. I've been losing weight, so I have a few pairs of jeans that are loose. Just me, but I know that the TSA employee doing a same sex grope on another man in public, in his hometown, and causing pants to drop will be more embarrassed than me.

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Walking through the machine for an opt-out grope on the other side isn't going to hurt anything but your feelings. It's a harmless box until energized.
If you trust TSA employees know how to operate the equipment competently.