FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not sure what to do - HNL - DFW keeps getting cancelled
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:34 am
Minter66

Programs: AA, Continental, Virgin, Southwest
Not sure what to do - HNL - DFW keeps getting cancelled

I'm really confused on what is going on here.

Feb 11th I book a reward flight (one way) from HNL to DFW on saverpass. It is the only available saverpass flight home.

It has been in my account as an upcoming trip. I have even selected my seats and everything. The only issue is I was 456 miles short of the 40k (2x 20k) required for the flight. I Had the option to purchase miles for $35 and the taxes on the flight were $5.00 each. I was "charged" 45.00 on the United site.

Fast forward today. I log in, notice my miles have NOT been deducted, no miles have been added and the flight is now missing.

The confirmation code given to me is no longer valid. I have called ICC two different time. The first time the indian rep told me I did not call in and purchase the flight. I explained to her that I purchased it online and paid for the required miles to top off my account and the taxes. It never mentioned having to call in.

She says she rebooked the flight under the same booking code and I paid $30 to transfer 2,000 miles out of my wifes account at the request of the agent.

Sure enough, flight shows back up under my account and rep told me to call back in by the 18th at midnight.

Fast forward to 30 minutes ago. Flight is now missing AGAIN, code no longer brings up flight, seats have been released again and I call ICC again.

She says flight was cancelled on the 13th and "no more seats are available"

I hang up on her as I can barely understand a word she is saying, go online and re-book again. New booking code issued, I "pay" $45.00 for miles and taxes.

Flight now shows up under my account.

What do I need to do now? Do I sit tight or do I actually need to call in? None of this makes sense and I can't get a proper red-blooded American on the phone that knows what they are doing.

Cliff notes: Reward flight cancelled twice for no reason, call center cant speak english and are giving me BS answers, I rebook myself, do I need to do anything the third time around?

Update: I have two pending United charges. One for $30 and one for $0...don't really get that one.