FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Kathmandu REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:48 pm
enelym1978

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Just returned from my stay there. I had a lovely stay at this HR. The building is quite impressive, especially viewed from the plane when landing. The view of the HR and the Buddha Stupa is just quite impressive.

Taxis out of the airport are at a flat rate of RPs 650... Don't expect a Benz or even a Toyota, they are all these tiny Suzuki. After a good 15-20 minutes ride through the unfinished and bumpy roads of Kathmandu, you finally arrive at the HR.

Staff is super friendly and available. They even greeted me by name on the first evening when I walked to the concierge desk ^.

As a Diamond, I got upgraded to the Club level with a nice room. Strange thing is that they did not ask me whether I wanted the amenities or the bonus points. They just came to my room with 3 big cookie and chocolate jars, fresh fruits and a bottle of Shiraz.

Room is nice and big. No LCD TV but a regular old school CRT one Bathroom is big as well, separate shower with good water pressure and hot water. Bath tub available. The tiles on the floor start to look a bit worn out.

A major problem in Nepal are the power outages. It's quite regular. Sure the hotel has its own generator but somehow, the TV was not working anymore after each time the generator kicks in. They provide each room with a torch anyway, just in case.

Heating was working well.

Breakfast at the Club lounge was good but limited. Nice view on the stupa. Friendly and efficient service.

You can walk to the stupa through the gardens, through the back door gate. It's about 15min walk and there are signage. To come back, just knock at the gate or try to call the guard through the openings. Otherwise you need to walk around the property and it's huge!

They have a scheduled free shuttle service that drops you off at several points in town. No pick up though.

Anyway, had a very good stay there and would definitely stay there again if I had to come to Kathmandu.

Here are a few pictures: