FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 13, 2:25 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by robsaw View Post
I think waiving the $75 annual fee due to their error will be easy compared to getting online access back. As the only BofA CC product in Canada, which has a very limited distribution potential, my guess is that the card could easily die whenever their agreement with AS is up for renewal. Hence, no incentive to bring on-line access back. The thing is, back before BofA tookover and integrated with MBNA there was a Canadian AS VISA card that had on-line access through the usual BofA website. I believe part of the issue is that MBNA Canada (now owned TD) still handles all the AS Mastercard processing.
That's what they told me when it first disappeard. That the Canadian Mastercard was not bought by TD and was retained by BOA Canada unlike the rest of the business. It wasn't worth it to develop the online access for the few customers who were affected, the Canadian AS Mastercard holders. I agree they will probably phase it out at some point but I wanted the 25,000 bonus before they did.