FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where did you end up on the Final Upgrade List, UA Domestic?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:10 am
mckerrow

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by iahphx
I've complained in the recent past about how upgrades are much harder now for top UA elites, but I have a domestic A320 flight tomorrow to IAH where, as a 1K, I'm 17th on the waitlist for an upgrade. Admittedly, I'm in a cheapo bucket, but 17th? Has any 1K ever been lower?

BTW, the upgrade list is currently 48 names long!

I thought perhaps that it might be some computer glitch assigning me lower status, but I'm taking a connecting flight where I'm #2 on the upgrade list (I probably won't get that one either, but at least it's plausible).

I know Thursdays are big elite travel days, but isn't this a bit crazy? I can't imagine many folks thinking the loyalty was worth it if these are your upgrade odds. It would seem wise to me for UA to go AA's route and at least give 1K's a free meal and alcoholic drink in coach, because that's where they're going to be a lot of the time.
I was 27th one time on an evening DEN-SFO 757 flight. Sitting at exit row with numerous GS around me. That was the craziest for me.