FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: US LCC & AMR / AA Takeover / merger Rumors and Discussion (consolidated)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:11 pm
grahampros

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
While anything can happen I say 99.5% this deal is done. An announcement should likely be made after the market closes. Also, remember that a Plan of Reorganization still needs to be filed with the Court, sent to creditors for a vote and then approved by the Judge. There certainly is the risk of certain creditors trying to hold it up although if there is general consensus among most creditors the Judge would likely just overrule any objection.

It probably won't be until late spring or summer until the deal is actually done. It will take another several months before changes to take effect that would impact FFs.
Probably at least a year before we start seeing changes to the FF program. 6 months probably before the deal is approved by all parties including regulators then changes will take some time to implement so realistically probably about a year. Dont expect to use US miles on AA this summer.

That said if turns out to be true the boards approved ( which i expect is), i dont foresee any major roadblocks to being finalized. Parker did a great job of getting the creditors on board ( much to Horton's dislike) so shouldn't be any major issues there. Judge will just sign off on it. Say what you will about Parker, well played well played.