FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you changed your hotel stay pattern due to PC devaluations?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:10 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by stevie
This thread has told me about the base points only counting. I have been plat for over 10 years and have now cancelled all IHG reservations. I will also burn the 500k points I have and be done with this company. Any IHG reps take note of this thread.
It must have taken extraordinary patience to remain a Platinum member for 10 years. Apart from stays at a few HI's, I've found the returns, the recognition, generally dismal - especially in the UK.

I've been fortunate enough to retain RA over far too many years, and I'm not overly interested in points. I'm happy with my treatment at IC hotels, so keeping the RA status is my only real concern in the programme.

Though, as I recently got Hilton Gold thrust upon me, I might try some of their hotels in places where the HI offer is un-rewarding

It just emphasises, I suppose, that different patterns of usage create different expectations, different perspectives.