FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United’s 24-hour cancellation / flexible booking policy ... {Archive}
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:21 pm
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Splitting time between small towns in NorCal and Wydaho
Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by JHIN
I thought United has a 24 hour policy where you refund a purchased ticket or change if within the first 24 hours of ticketing without penalties? Am I crazy or is this true?

Of course I just clicked purchase on the wrong date using their full month calendar view.
you can enact the policy by choosing "cancel reservation" on the online booking within 24 hours of the time of ticketing. it will provide you with an option to choose "refund to method of payment" or "save credit for future booking". if you want the $$ back on your credit card, choose the former.

or you can call United Reservations and someone there will take care of it for you.

i prefer the online tool to have the paper trail (they send you a cancellation email) and also to avoid speaking with reservations agents.

do not try to change the booking, just cancel it and rebook it for the desired date. changing it might result in a fee.