FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:07 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I've been to this property twice before. I know it's a dump, but the rates are cheap on a BRG and both times they waived the idiotic "resort" fee. (As if they are a cat 5 resort! Give me a frigging break.)

Was there last night and they refused to waive the $18 fee. Now this got me angry. So I took the piece of paper that listed all the wonderful things that I received with my resort fee, crossed out all the ones I didn't use (which only left the internet, not even wifi in the tower I was in), and then made up my own list of all the broken things (the seat on my desk chair wasn't even attached to the frame, lights that didn't work, desk outlet that didn't work, service express button that didn't work) and disgusting things in my room (thick layer of dust at eye level no less, in the door for the connecting room, stained carpeting, gray wallpaper near the lightswitch), and came up with about 15 items total. Upon check-out I presented my list to the manager. She quickly agreed to waive the resort fee, but I was so ticked off, I said that wasn't enough. She ended up giving me a lot of compensation points. Shoulda waived the resort fee in the first place.