FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miami airport Hertz? How bad is it?
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:20 pm
sajgidda

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I rent from MIA about 10 times a year, my name is always on the board and my car waiting even if I arrive a couple of hours earlier than expected. Never had any issues with the vehicles and as mentioned above the new rental centre is a big improvement

The service however, is shocking. It remains the only complaint I've ever filed with Hertz and it stemmed from an incredibly rude group of gold counter employees. I was at the counter doing an upgrade and while they were processing it (Gallardo, took a while to do) about 5 customers came in with questions. Now that Hertz Gold is free, I got the impression these people were trying to use the service for the first time and weren't sure as to the workings of it all. All the customers were English, so it's been a long day for them and all but one was a family with young children. They came in with questions about what car they had, where it was and stuff like that. The first response from a couple of the staff was along the lines of "Can't you read the sign outside?" or "Go read the sign and come back if you don't understand". One even responded initially with "Can you speak English?" to which the chap replied "Yes, as long as I'm not too drunk. Do you have a car seat here for my child?"

It was pretty disappointing, I understand that they may field dozens of such mundane questions daily but there is no need for such a discourteous attitude. I called up Customer Services to report the experience later and never heard back. MIA remains my least favourite location though it must be said that if you avoid contact with the staff it's a much more pleasant experience. Strangely the people who you deal with when returning are always really friendly and polite, I often have some goodies for them that won't fit in my luggage