FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK T4 Phase II
Thread: JFK T4 Phase II
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:10 am
adamj023
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
It will be a long walk, even with moving walkways. But as I understand it the plan is to utilize the area at T3 to park airplanes. Rather than having sitting unused at gates, the planes could be parked closeby, enabling better gate utilization. At least I believe that's the theory, and that's why they will be able to handle capacity with technically fewer gates overall.
I will note a carpenter has been above my apartment for years which is a small always hammering and banging while during the same time the whole T4 expansion has been completed which as you know is a large square footage addition with a lot more materials used if someone was even doing construction work. Must be the worst carpenter in the world or has other motives. But I use this example because Delta in a few months will be ready with T4 which is an impressive feat.

The workers have been on time and on budget and they need to be commended. But everyone can see what it looks like for themselves and what it will accomplish which for the terminal is a lot for flyers, too numerous to name.