FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you changed your hotel stay pattern due to PC devaluations?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:02 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I don't think Marriot or SPG will work for me, IC/PCR/HH programs seem to meet my travel pattern/needs best.

I plan enough nights in 2013 to keep PCR Platinum for 2014, in the hope the new less easy Platinum re-qualification requirement will reduce PCR Platinum member count in 2014, allowing , hopefully, better and consistant PCR Platinum benefits in 2014 at HIX/HI/CP (free internet and free breakfast)
Obviously I hope to keep my RA status, if I can put in enough IC nights too.

Not sure I want 20x HH Stays in 2013 just to keep HH Gold as I think one can do a HH Gold/Plat challenge yearly as it is not a 'Status Match' limited to once in a lifetime.
As I now have HH Gold I can move some nights to Hilton and I like the Airmiles from the HH scheme

If PCR non-IC bennies remain the same for 2014 with no improvements, that is, no free internet, no free breakfast, no bennies on points stays, then I see myself taking a HH Diamond challenge and switching many nights over from Jan2014.

I believe HH points stays also get HH bennies, and count towards year nights totals, unlike PCR/IC, something I'd like PCR/IC hotels to provide, so another reason to switch more stays to HH for me.