FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:07 pm
alamedadan

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond (challenge), SPG Gold, all else steerage
Challenge dilemma. I am Plat and have a 9-night family trip to California starting on March 29th. I'm considering using my Hilton Gold to challenge to Hyatt Diamond just before the trip for breakfast and suite upgrade reasons. We're a family of 4 so if GP rules allow a 2 night, 2 room stay to count as 4 nights, I might complete the challenge.

Here's the dilemma. I have a 4-night, 2-room award stay June 22-25 at the PH Paris vendome. If I don't complete the challenge, I'm concerned my status would revert to Plat before our arrival. Once the challenge begins, I can contact GPCS and they would make note of my Diamond status on my res, but wouldn't they notice a reverted Plat status upon checkin in Paris?

So, it seems that if I were to start my challenge in late March, my tier expiration if my challenge is not successful would be the end of May, correct? Or should I start the challenge in early April, thus making my Diamond expiration June 30th and after our Paris stay?