FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you changed your hotel stay pattern due to PC devaluations?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:58 pm
MP (Miles+Points)

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Yes, I am changing my stay pattern. And no, I am not leaving IHG/PCR just yet.

I enjoyed the earned RA status for a few years, but the programme getting a bit boring. Random promotion codes no longer exist, lost all the fun of finding 4-digit codes on FT. Double/triple points opportunities are all gone, what are they thinking about? The inconsistency among hotels is still a big problem, could easily end up with a terrible CP/HI, but still paying good money. This year's devaluation was the final push, only if last year's wasn't bad enough.

So once again I have to compare all hotel programmes by using my own criteria. Marriott came out the top, especially the life time elite status is a unique selling point comparing to IHG (SPG and Hyatt has poor coverage in the UK and the Far East).

So I guess 60% of my business will go to Marriott, and 40% remain with IHG simply because they have better coverage in the Far East - particularly in the cities that I need to travel to. Probably just enough nights to keep my RA status with IHG, will make sure I use all RA benefits for each stay, and draw particular attention on the mini bar