FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to avoid BlueBird shut downs. Share your thoughts here.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:02 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Interesting.

So based on these (multiple) reports, it seems pretty clear that They Are Watching, and contrary to several of the posts earlier in this thread that seemed to take the attitude of "nah, it's way too early for anyone to get into trouble with Bluebird, nothing to worry about...." (I paraphrase), apparently it does not require extreme "abuse" to get their attention. Something as seemingly benign as a married couple both linking their Bluebird accounts to the same joint bank account may result in an account lock. OK, not exactly a Paypal-esque smackdown, but still something I'm sure we would all prefer to avoid.

Thanks for the info and linky.
This was in early January.

The first test withdrawal from BB to linked JT bank account took 3 biz days. The second real withdrawal from the same BB took 4 biz days. (Had BB recognized US Bank's Club Carlson Card from its data base, I would not need to withdraw the money.)

Then the attempt of a test withdrawal from the other BB to the same linked JT bank account took 5 biz days, status went from Pending for 4 days and jumped to Complete on the 5th biz day, totally by pass the In Process step in between.

Our accounts are not locked.

In the middle of the waiting, watching the status remaining Pending, I called BB and specifically asked why it remained in Pending for so long while when I did it from my own account the status changed to In Process on 2nd day. I was more worried about things fallen into crack at the BB side. I also asked BB whether the SAME JT account linked to both husband's and wife's BB account would cause issue. The BB rep refused to answer but insisted by 5th business day the withdrawal would hit the bank account. (the website said 2 to 3 business days).

The little test $ did go over to the linked bank account on the 5th business day. But such quirk is quite annoying because while they could not verify the JT account's owner names, they could verify the BB accounts' owners names and address - same last name, sharing same address, it is quite obvious that they are either family members live together or they are a couple living together.