FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pan-International prepaid SIMs
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:36 pm
jason8612
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Toggle Mobile - Travel SIM

I was digging around the prepaid SIM thread and noticed a interesting SIM option that CelticFlyer posted about. It's called Toggle Mobile by Lycamobile. The concept is that you can get a local number in some countries and call in/out at local rates.

It's a prepaid UK SIM card with a UK number attached. When you travel to France, Germany, Spain, Australia, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Ireland you can get a local mobile number there (free for 30 days or 5GBP to keep for a year) and get local UK rates (free incoming, 3p/min outgoing SMS 9p and data 15p/MB) which is just excellent if your hopping around Europe. In addition there are plenty of free incoming countries.

They have currently on promo a free SIM so I ordered one and will give it a try. These rates are cheaper than my PL postpaid roaming rates are and are quite good rates incl the UK data packs.

the intl calling rates are even cheaper than other providers (3p/min to call the USA vs I believe 5p/min on Vodafone UK)

the only catch is that you need to make a call or send a SMS every 90 days to keep the number from expiring, so basically 1 SMS to my PL number every 3 months should do it. And you also need at least 10p to receive calls - even the free incoming. But besides those 2 points, it seems like a great travel sim incl in EU.

togglemobile.co.uk