FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you changed your hotel stay pattern due to PC devaluations?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:58 am
bigbaldbairn

Programs: BA Gold, KLM Ivory, TK Classic Plus, Car Hrtz PC, AVIS Pref, Hotel HH Dia, ICPC Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ConfusedInJapan

There's been a lot of disappointment expressed on various threads (harder to achieve plat, increased redemption levels, fewer promos) in the last month. How many people actually took their business elsewhere due to these changes? And, where did you go? Or, have you redoubled your efforts to hit plat with PC?
Simple answer is Yes. Because of the changes to the program but also due to the fact the ongoing promotions are very dissapointing and also it is so hard to work out whether you are going to get an upgrade / benefit at any given hotel.

I switched to Hilton towards the end of last year and achieved Diamond status for this year and am working on next year. The program is not as generous in terms of free nights but is more generous in terms of benefits during stays IMHO.

Have only stayed twice this year with PC at properties I know and like (and cities where Hilton isnt a good option) - I will still probably try and maintain Plat this year in the hope things improve.