FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:38 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobloblawslawblog
Just a follow up. I applied on 2/3 for a 50k HH and then a Reserve HH, around 70 days after being approved for two 50k AA offers.

I got a call-in request for the 50k, and called in immediately and was approved. The account rep said that Citi now flags any app if another account was opened in the last 90 days.

Then, I applied for the Reserve, and received another call-in. This was before multiple people reported calling in and being approved for both, so i decided to sit on the application for a few days and see if it slid under the radar.

However, on 2/8, having gotten the e-mail for the 50k and heard nothing on the Reserve, I called in again. I was told the app was declined because Citi's deal with Amex didn't allow them to approve both cards. So if people are going to go for both cards, I recommend maybe waiting 90 days, and perhaps calling in immediately.
Huh???

The 50k HH and the Reserve HH are both Visa cards. What in the world does Citi's deal with Amex have to do with that??? Citi doesn't issue the Amex HH card, Amex the bank does. Citi has deals with Amex on AA cards, but not on HH cards.