FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:18 am
Tiki

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I've been watching this thread over the last day or so debating whether or not to chime in. I'm a new blogger with no hope of ever getting credit card links as long as the main companies refuse to deal with small blogs so I will stay out of that topic.

The one thing I have been wondering about is how to deal with criticism if and when it happens on my blog. I've been learning a lot about what NOT to do just from this thread and comments on other blogs. I am not going to name manes, just techniques.

Don't censor. Don't get into an online mudslinging contest with the commenters even if they are rude because it makes you look just as bad as they do.

One blogger in particular has a good way to deal with this situation. Someone anonymously posted a personal insult on his blog, called him an idiot or something like that. He simply said "Thank you for your comment". That was impressive-no censoring, the commenter looked bad and the blogger looked dignified and classy. So now I know how to handle it when people criticize me on my blog.

Last edited by Tiki; Feb 11, 2013 at 4:36 am