FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:51 pm
jeanie

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Did you already have this card or was it your first time getting it ?

I signed up under the 40K offer and SM'd Citi about getting the 50K offer. From the sound of thier reply I will be lucky to even get the 40K points as I already had a HH visa that was open. I replied back asking if I will still get the 40K offer I applied under, we'll see what they say

"We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We received your request to apply the new account offer to your existing account. Our solicitations are used as a way to encourage new business or to offer an additional account to our customers. Therefore, we are unable to apply the incentives mentioned in your solicitation to your existing account. "

I read this differently. You will get the 40k offer. The 'existing account' that they are referring to is the 40k offer. They are telling you that you can't change bonuses after the account has already been opened. Since the 40k account already exists, it is an existing account. If you want the 50k offer, you have to apply for a brand new account.

I doubt the Citi rep even looked at the other HH card you have open to send you that form letter response.

So don't worry about losing the 40k bonus. This has happened to several people both on the Citi AA and HH boards, and they always got their original offer.