FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMA "Closing Keynote: Transforming the MileagePlus Program at United Airlines"
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:38 am
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA
I don't think that's the case. For the most part, I didn't see any change with the people on the front line. I am not a fan of some of the attitude in IAH, and a few others... but most are trying to be helpful.

It is not a complaint of people per se, rather it is corporate policies and culture driving people away. Further, I think they need to stop looking at the data in a vacuum and think about their decisions. You need to balance data with focus groups, and real customer feedback if you want a customer driven strategy.

Jeff and team does not have a customer driven strategy, they think they know best.
Concur. I'm still treated well by front line personnel, and by a few others who have done an excellent job of solving problems I've presented. It's corporate approach that has changed, as evidenced by upper management publicly claiming that their customers are "over-entitled." Even if that were an objectively accurate statement, it was a telling and stupid remark to make in public, and reveals just what the upper managers think of their customers.

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
That being said, if I led a large company like UA, I would treasure the 'free' feedback from an engaged minority of my customers.
Unfortunately, UA doesn't agree with your approach, as evidenced by the joke of the post flight surveys we get.

The other day I received an invitation from AA to participate in a survey on what I expect from a frequent flyer program. It was a very detailed survey, one that tells me AA is serious about finding out what its frequent customers want and expect from a FF program. A far cry from UA's approach.