FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA IAD-NRT seat types: 777-300ER
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:08 am
MillionMilerMan

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
Question

Originally Posted by DCA13
My wife and I are flying IAD-NRT and returning in business class this December. I'd like to select good seats for us to be able to talk during the flight. I'm assuming the smaller business cabin just behind first is the preferred location? Also, are the seats by the windows set up for easy conversation, or would we be better off in the middle row? Any advice on seats for couples would be most helpful.
Thanks!
On the same issue, but related to F Class, I was able to snag 2 F seats using Saver Awards with UA miles for BOTH JFK-NRT and IAD-NRT in early March. From this forum and others, I know the JFK route is the new F Square and the IAD route is the still (apparently) very nice old F. Most important criteria, though, is being able to converse with my traveling companion. From the pics I've seen it looks like this may be impossible even on the two middle seats in rows 1 or 2 on the JFK "Square" configuration--but perhaps possible on the IAD "old" configuration.

Can anyone address the issues of partitions/communication in F on the two different seat types?

Thanks.