FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:38 pm
filelover

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Has anyone churned this card in less than a year? I have done it between 19-23 months (different cards for diff family members) but wondering if someone did it in a much shorter time frame than a year
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
Here is an interesting data point on CHASE.

I got the HYATT CC back in Q4 2011. I used it in early 2012 to purchase an award ticket on UA to fly in Dec 2012 to MVD. UA royally screwed up my ticket, almost leaving me stranded in both Chicago and Panama, and then lost my luggage.

When I called CHASE to file a lost luggage ticket, they couldn't find any trace of my HYATT CC. The CSR told me that if I carried a $0 balance for 'some period of time' and then closed the account, they purge it from the system.

So, in CHASE's POV, I never got the HYATT card. I can't see it on my online profile and there is no record of statements. I gave them the last 4 of the CC (only thing I had from the email confirmation) & expiration date and they told me they couldn't find such a card associated with my SSN.

Getting to the point, check your online profile for cards you can show or hide. If one doesn't show up, it has probably been purged from your account.