FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:34 pm
exbayern

Originally Posted by chollie
In my case, it always means extra attention to my armpit.

Sometimes it takes a few repeated barks for the groper to understand that the same physical limitations that prevent me from using the NoS also prevent me from assuming and holding the 'T' position during the grope.
I have virtually the same experiences as chollie as a medical opt out with some physical limitations. Being unable to move certain body parts in the way they want results in extra scrutiny of that area. Not being able to move limbs in the way they think everyone should be able to move them can result in some poor experiences.

And remember, in the US skirt-wearers are usually ordered to perform the lunge. I really don't know how they expect especially older women, many of whom do wear skirts, to do those acrobatics.

And to answer an earlier question, I've had difficulty as a medical opt out at IAH (as well as at ORD, DEN, and other airports)

Now I wonder if the determining factor is medical opt out + female = trouble as it seems that many male posters have not had trouble opting out if they 'cannot raise their arms'. (And to be clear, I am entirely honest about my limitations as I have dealt with them for decades before the existence of the TSA)