FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amandari trip report
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:06 pm
LarkSFO

Originally Posted by halibahs
Yes, we has a really wonderful private dinner at Pak Bilal's hut last time and the Gubug Sawah dinner which was at one of their Bale looking over the paddy field. I guess we could try the Selamatan dinner this time at Dalem Jiwo suite but we're not too crazy about having a whole gamelan orchestra playing during our meal...

We actually asked one of the guides to drive us up to Merapi for a day trip and we saw remains of lava river wiping out an entire village. That was about 6 months after the eruption, the guide later brought us to have tea down at one of the local villages by Merapi and we chatted a local who lost nearly everything after the quake. Heartbreaking stuff...

Who do you contact to book the steam train? I'm not sure if their website is still working.

We'll hopefully be seeing Sean at Amanusa later this year, not too crazy about Nusa Dua area in Bali but having high hopes with Aman working its magic there
Wow. You have a much nicer camera than I do! (You got a lot closer to Merapi than we were comfortable with too...)

We booked the steam train through Aman. They payed the steam train operators, and it was put on to the bill for our stay. (If I am remembering correctly?)

A dinner with an entire Gamelan orchestra could be trying, I agree.

We also did the breakfast at Dagi Hill (?) overlooking Borobudur, which we enjoyed as well.