FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amandari trip report
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:47 am
LarkSFO

Originally Posted by halibahs
Thank you guys for your comments

Going through the pictures in Dari certainly brings back a lot of fond memories!
We had a really difficult time deciding to go back to Dari or Jiwo after Wana this year, but I guess the Borobudur and prayer calls are luring us back to Java. (plus we weren't able to climb up to the top level of Borobudur last time because of volcanic eruption fews months earlier)

Sean was away last time when we're at Jiwo, we met a chatty Portuguese assistant manager instead (which manages to blurp out all the birthday surprises I planned for my partner to him... a minor gripe) Any experiences with the new GM Mark S? Heard him is a real gentleman
Did you do the dinner at Pak Bilal's last visit? (sp?) That was a highlight one evening at Jiwo.

On Ericka's recommendation, we also booked the steam train one day - What a wonderful experience. We ended up inviting a few Jiwo employees and their families to join us, and we all had a great day.

The damage from Merapi was frightening (we were there 4 months after the eruption). The landslides / flooding / washing away of entire small towns was catastrophic.

Sean and Lindsay were wonderful to us, our next Aman trip we are going to make sure we are staying at one of the Aman's he is in charge of!