FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [Revised, May 2013]
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:18 am
Boghopper

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Just got my first taste of the "new and improved" Group 2 this week at SNA and DEN.... No sir, I don't like it. First time in who knows how long that I had to fight to find a space for my bag near to where I was sitting. So many people were huddled around the gate that when Group 2 was called it looked like half the plane boarded. How exactly is someone who has a credit card for a few hundred a year just as "important" as fliers who actually fly 50k (or heck, 25k) a year??? Status should mean something, and it should certainly mean more than having a credit card
I think they've made it abundantly clear how much much they value the "elites" (or parasites, or deadbeats, or overentitled babies, or whatever other terms they use at world HQ to describe the souls who don't buy F, J or Y/B fares). I guess they would rather have our $95 than our loyalty. I'm still puzzled by it, but can't mistake their actions.