FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLOSED 14Dec16 [BANKRUPT/IN RECEIVERSHIP] Sheraton Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:19 pm
d'Yquem

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
I stayed in this hotel last week. It was not a positive experience. I was booked in a so-called deluxe (diplomat, or something equally banal) suite, which is a single room with a divider between the living and sleeping parts. The room size was quite large and had a kitchenette and large (but very badly designed) bathroom, but the decor was old and tired (think Ikea) and the staff were particularly clueless. They messed up a wake-up call (never received) and gave me an upset stomach with the room service (not to say bringing the wrong food). I'm particularly annoyed as the hotel told me and my Starwood Ambassador that the living room was a different room, which I needed for a meeting. They also charged me €75 for a car to pick me up from the airport, which is extortionate. Thankfully I wasn't paying personally...

So this week I decided to stay in the Le Meridien and was not particularly impressed either. With the Conrad leaving the Hilton group, and the Hilton Brussels not being much good (for years it was the poor brother of the Conrad, so Hilton spent nothing on it), I'm on the lookout for a good alternative.

Any ideas?