FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sri Lanka Trip Report: Tea Trails, Amanwella, Amangalla
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:11 pm
aa213bb

Originally Posted by Larkin
Overall we thought Pietro was terrific, loved the beautiful beach, fabulous views, and would return. I just want to set the expectations of aka junkies that quite at the same level as many other Amans, particularly in Asia! (although had great service at sveti Stefan and amanruya last summer)!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! And thanks for chiming in with your thoughts on the Ocean Suites, as well as expectation management. And I agree, if in the area I would definitely return for some R&R.

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Thank you! ... At least Sara & Taka must have figured out their pools from problems here
You're certainly welcome!

And while I haven't been to either Sara or Taka - hoping to later this year - I was just at Giri, and feel they've done the same, ridiculous thing with their pools. From looking at pics of other Aman properties, it seems many do this, no?

Why!?!?!

Originally Posted by zigzag
... seems the problems I had are still around ... food was not good and not varied enough ... the beach club was far from inviting ... entrance to the suites is a problem ... AC was sub par ... toilet room was like a oven ... Was there a table near by the lounge chairs in the picture you have of the beach?
Wow! You really disliked your experience. Sorry to read that. When was it?

For your points, both Larkin and I agree the food is good -- is it Per Se or Noma? Of course not, but I found there to be a variety of solid to good dishes, with a fair amount of diversity ... plus they are always willing to cook off menu.

I am indifferent towards the Beach Club itself, but loved the Coconut Grove beach area. And yes, there are tables available next to the chaises, and if you have the attendants move your chairs more into the sun, they will set up tables for you -- I asked them to wait while I took that picture, because I didn't want them in it.

As I showed in one of the pictures, doors are being installed to give more privacy to the pool courtyards.

We had no problems with our AC; in fact, several times we would turn it down due to the suite getting so cool ... and I'm hot-natured.