FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sri Lanka Trip Report: Tea Trails, Amanwella, Amangalla
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:56 pm
zigzag

Wow, so it has been a long time since I was at Amanwella and seems the problems I had are still around. The GM takes off for three days while the hotel is at high occupancy? The hotel staff lets you know the chef broke his ankle? When I was there the food was not good and not varied enough. When you followed the path to the beach club you wondered why you bothered to walk there, it was far from inviting. The entrance to the suites is a problem, as i experienced walking out of the pool naked and looking at someone coming down the path looking right in. This could have been solved with a door(GM was kind and brought huge plants) but it takes them this long to fix the design flaw? The AC was sub par and we spent a good amount of time in the library as it was the only cool spot on the property. How is the hot box? The toilet room was like a oven if you closed the door. I hated this hotel! Was there a table near by the lounge chairs in the picture you have of the beach? It looks like they forgot to have little table next to each lounge chair (or one to share) and would have to place your things in the sand.

Last edited by zigzag; Feb 6, 2013 at 3:02 pm