FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EY wet-leases AF 343
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:23 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
mmm... that reminds me of the confusion of flights operated by bmi on behalf of Lufthansa (under a wet lease agreement) which could be booked under a bmi code on a codeshare basis: yes we are bmi but, no, not really as far as you are concerned as we are really kind of Lufthansa. However, you can book under our bmi code but do understand that although the crew and aircraft are bmi, this really should be regarded as if it were a Lufthansa aircraft (notably in terms of earning miles, whether you can use upgrade vouchers, etc...) and therefore not really as a bmi metal flight even if it is in fact bmi metal. Still following me? No end of confusion with these on the bmi board in those days

If I am hobest, it is not that difficult to follow really if you are methodical. Online booking systems, however, are not really designed to be able to distinguish with that kind of subtlety.
Yes it's exactly what I thought of too. And indeed not hard to follow but still mildly absurd. And I agree with others it's really disappointing and something to say in favour of true competition: ey would never have dared on a competitive route while here...