FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Implications on Skipping the Return Leg of a Booking
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:37 pm
jsfr

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
So what? It makes no difference. Whether you do it once or a thousand times, you are still not attempting to get around the rules of the FF programme.
If you do it a thousand times, it means you have bought a thousand tickets... does an airline want to chase away a client who buys thousands lf tickets?

I've done it lots of times, and spend an average of €50k per year on airline tickets. Is an airline going to really want to chase me away to another airline?

The truth is that if an airline really cracks down and implements "punishment" on their regular clients, well, said airline won't have many more clients in our niche who simply are not allowed by our employers to purchase more expensive one-ways.

At the end of the day they are not losing money because their revenue management judged that it was good deal to sell me the ticket at the time I bought it. They force us to buy one ways without a competitive one-way product - we'll just spend our money elsewhere...

I suspect we are also a minority, the majority of less frequent travellers probably justify the one-way fare structure. This is simply a method to accomodate (get money from) both types of traveller...