FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blackberry 10 Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:19 pm
elCheapoDeluxe

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
The touchscreen model is complicated. I'm not interested in it one bit. BB believes they can make a device with better text input, prediction, and integrated communications than the other touchscreen players. I wish them the best of luck, but I don't care to consider another glass slab device.

As a second avenue, though, I have to wonder if BlackBerry can capitalize on frustrations with the other players. Windows Mobile has been around longer and has some interesting features, but they don't even have an inferior option for running Android apps. I think BB may be able to poach some Windows Mobile users with that capability. iOS is stagnant. I don't see any evolution of the workflow other than finally improving the horrendous notification system. It is still a bunch of icons on the home screen centered experience. On the Android side, that OS is not without its faults. Honestly - of the mobile operating systems I have used Android is the one that gives me the most buggy experience to this day. BB10 is built on a solid, scalable QNX operating system - and if they can show themselves as a smooth running alternative to the majors with a thoughtful user interface with unique time saving features I hope people will look their way. I don't have high aspirations for them becoming a big player in the image-conscious market. If you see a fashionable 20-something girl you can bet she has an iPhone for reasons that have nothing to do with functionality. That's not going to be BlackBerry's market. But for those who are looking for a functional alternative to the big two just might give the new OS a shot.

That's all unfounded BS and you can take it at that value. As I said - for me it's all about the keyboard.