FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Time to stop seats having the ability to recline?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:09 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by RenHoek
The recline in the seat in front does not affect the tray.
In the OP's defence, it can actually affect the drink if the tray table had not been drawn forward, the meal tray is placed close to the seat back, and the glass is at the back of the tray.

When the seat is reclined, even though the tray table stays where it is, the seat back angle against the tray table increases and it can hit the top of the glass, topping it over.

I have had it happen, although I did not have anything spilt as I quickly grabbed the glass.

Originally Posted by lighting
The interesting thing for me is that if i had a crystal ball and could know that the person in front of me would recline their seat, in club europe, for a large % of the flight, then i wouldn't be buying a club europe seat, i'd be in economy.

Club Europe should mean that a passenger has a good amount of room to enjoy the flight at all times and when the seat in front is reclined, this is simply not the case. For me thats unacceptable for a business class product.
Then I suggest that the complaint you should make is to BA for the lack of seat pitch. However, this is the norm in European business class. I do not find any different with LX, LH etc. All of the seats recline.

I have a solution for you.

Book Wizzair instead of BA. Most of their seats do not recline, and if I remember correctly, they fly between LTN and SOF.