FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:25 pm
TravelGuy1965

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Ok - well my wife doesn't have any hard pulls or increase in credit utilization in the last 3 months so her credit history has not changed and the scores on Credit Karma have went up in the last 3 months so maybe I'm set.

I don't see how they can state "no longer meet the criteria we originally used ... because of a change in your credit history" if they didn't at least do a soft pull. By stating this they probably did do something.

Originally Posted by Happy
It is the jargon of the banks - it means you would still be subject to the regular approval process to determine if you are still worthy to give a card... And if you dont, then you wont. Or you dont qualify for the Premier despite they initially think you "qualify" but after seeing your credit report they think you dont, though they can still give you the less card...

It does NOT mean you are already approved for a card. Far from it!

Basically when banks send out such letter, they do not have more information on you other than name and address, no claim has filed on you, things like that. They do not have any more info on your credit report which they would see when you actually apply. Then the actual approval process applies.