FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:18 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Got the magnifying glass out and read it all or

"If you no longer meet the criteria we originally used to select you for the CC Visa Select card because of a change in your credit history or if you do not meet the income criteria of $20k, submitting this application constitues your application for the CC Platinum Rewards Visa card.."

Nothing else I see but this. Is my sight so bad that I missed more fine print?

The print above doesn't answer my friendly question....
It is the jargon of the banks - it means you would still be subject to the regular approval process to determine if you are still worthy to give a card... And if you dont, then you wont. Or you dont qualify for the Premier despite they initially think you "qualify" but after seeing your credit report they think you dont, though they can still give you the less card...

It does NOT mean you are already approved for a card. Far from it!

Basically when banks send out such letter, they do not have more information on you other than name and address, no claim has filed on you, things like that. They do not have any more info on your credit report which they would see when you actually apply. Then the actual approval process applies.