FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Epic CS Failure @ LAX - AE pilot only employee who offered help
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:38 am
diver858

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by suzy1K
If it is a combination of mechanical and weather, does weather override mechanical?
Experience with multiple carriers suggests that they will use weather as an excuse to avoid compensation when it has ANYTHING to do with a delay, do not believe that rules of carriage, FAA regulations refer to a percentage.

Originally Posted by suzy1K
Rebooking agent on the phone said "According to our records you already made it to SLC" so she wouldn't help them further. Um, no we're all in LAX.
In this situation, I would have called back, kept trying until I found someone who could / would help; there are rebooking phone banks throughout LAX for a reason.

My wife will often work with the Platinum desk when I have been delayed; while unable to cannot confirm me on a different flight while in the air, it has made the difference on a subsequent leg, to get one of the last available seats.

Last edited by Microwave; Feb 4, 2013 at 9:12 am Reason: Merged adjacent posts for readability