FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: PRC Visa-Free Transit (AKA Transit Without Visa or "TWOV")
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:43 am
jwsm

Originally Posted by jiejie
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the China Forum!

Yes, Air Asia is now using PVG. A lot of people also don't know that in 2012, Air Asia moved over from TSN (Tianjin) to PEK, where extended 72-hour transits are possible also.

One thing to consider: how aware (or not) are Air Asia ground/check-in staff in KUL, on the extended TWOV policy for eligible passport-holders? And if not, will they hassle people who have no Chinese visas or even deny boarding?

jwsm, if you could return to the thread after your trip, please report your experience. We don't really have a lot of data points with intl transit-without-visa passengers, where the first leg (into China) is on Air Asia.
Thanks for the welcome, jiejie!

Yes, I'm worried about that, too. I may just have to bite the bullet and get a new visa before leaving to avoid the possibility of having to deal with these issues and finding myself in a messy situation where I'm totally at the mercy of airline staff or the entry/exit authorities at PVG. Will keep you all posted.