FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:29 am
lskohn

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by USirritated
*Take notes, because I will edit this all out Thursday mid day, to cut down on the chance that Avis monitoring this thread will change all of these numbers.
The sentiment does you honor, but unless you are going to scrub the entire thread, where all of these appear multiple times, editing your own post won't make much difference.

I'd note that many of these codes have been publicized for a long time here and elsewhere without change by Avis. Employee/family and other internal codes appear to have been most vigilantly protected, along with some that appear to have been heavily abused in high-cost, touristy and high-traffic (pardon the pun) areas (Disney, Florida and Hawaii come to mind). But codes with a large legitimate user base here in the US (Costco, AAA, travel agencies, hotels and airlines) seem unlikely to get changed; too much trouble, maybe the sponsor gets a kickback-type benefit. Corporation's codes do give me the willies, because internal accounting/travel folks could audit their use and catch non-employee users' name (albeit after the rental's complete) - those seem to me most likely to get changed or have an ID requirement enforced due to abuse, and I stay away from them.

Just my 2 cents.