FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU Flight Delay Compensation finally Paid
Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:59 am
Zaynab

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I have trouble seeing anything wrong about their service based on the website. All it appears that they do is provide assistance to those needing it to start a claim. They do not seem to do anything other than give assistance with thing like pre-filled in claim forms

I do not see that their service would be that useful for someone who knows what they are doing, but for others may help
Ah ... it has been some time since I have visited their website. They (or maybe the previous owners of the website?) were the ones that went to court and fought for the current compensation program.
Before the court ruling, Euclaim offered a no cure no pay service for 24% of the compensation. As airlines now seem to adhere to the ruling (albeit after delaying as much as possible), I can imagine Euclaim has no real advantage over DIY.

My problem with VS is that the ticket was a combo of feeder flight from mainland Europe to LHR and LHR-SFO (in UC). On the way back there was a 2.50 hour delay on the VS flight; we missed the feeder flight on BA (same ticket!) back home; and had a 24 hour delay. As VS says 2.50 hour delay < 3 hours so no compensation, we will have to explain that due to that delay we missed the other flight. Nothing big, will work out, and @ € 3000 for 5 tickets it is worth doing.