FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - trip to myanmar
Thread: trip to myanmar
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:43 am
Mandira

Programs: SK EuroBonus, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Mandira
Does this mean you just e-mail them and they will give you a lower quote? According to a couple of threads in this forum, booking domestic Myanmar tickets through travel agents is cheaper than booking directly from the airline.
I sent them an e-mail, and got some quotes on Air Bagan which looked like more or less the same prices as on the website with ~10 % taxes added (added in the payment window when booking through the website). Maybe a few dollars chaper than the website quote for one of my flights, but then Air Bagan was one of the more expensive options. The other TA I've been in contact with quoted something similar. If nothing else shows up, I guess I'll just place a booking online at OWAY with credit card. No need to carry around more cash than necessary if I can avoid it, I get a say in choosing my flights, and I'll get a better USD rate through Visa than when changing cash.
What price should be expected for a, say, RGN-NYU flight nowadays? Seems like most resources on Myanmar/Burma are a bit outdated when it comes to prices (especially my 2011 edition Lonely Planet).