FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:49 am
ztnjpv

Programs: HHonors, SPG, Marriot
Originally Posted by particlemn
loading BB at WM with a debit card requires a PIN, if your card can use a Point of Sale(POS) Personal Identification Number(PIN) then you are good to go. I do not know of one that exists.

OK. That sorta answers my question. So you're saying that none of these prepaid debits uses a PIN? See, I have no experience with those cards. So, I don;t know if any of those prepaid debits use a PIN or go through automatically as a credit card style transaction.

VR's for BB are hard to come by aside from CVS around me and I haven't been tempted enough to try because of the low 2% return. I do however have access to Staples which offers plethora of prepaid cards (aside from gift cards) and that's my best bet. Supermarkets are my second choice to find the same cards. There are so many, it's hard to remember all the names: PayPower, OneVanilla, MyVanilla etc....

I know PayPal sorta can work but I read a lot of negative things about them concerning overzealous fraud monitoring and frozen accounts. Now, it's hard to know exactly what all these people do to get this retaliation but it's all I have to go by.