FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:58 pm
Tupolev2006

AWESOME!

Originally Posted by BogusRogus
I am Delta's nightmare customer. I have huge flexibility in dates I choose for flights (months worth). I plan out my yearly travel based on about 4 round trips from HSV or BHM to Hong kong. If I route it through Atlanta and then Tokyo - I get close to 10,000 mqm EACH way. I had 105k mqm last year on wait for it.... 29 segments flown. Ouch. My customer value score on the leaked link was predictably Zero. I don't use their credit cad, I have the real Amex Plat so that gives me free lounge access. Although not Thomas Hudson style, I consume well more than my fair share of Woodford. If TH and I do fly the same flight, we call ahead and make sure they stock the bev cart properly. I take all my miles, always take the 20k bonus, not swu. I've never bought an M fare in my life. When I am in the states for a few weeks, I go see my family and brother in San Antonio other places and have 100 percent upgrade results (on award tix) and never more than 25k award ticket. With near 20k mqm per round trip TPAC, and 40k miles, this gives me 1.5 effectively first class domestic tickets when I'm here in the USA.
I look at my zero score differently than most have. It's not that Delta doesn't "care". It's just that I'm winning the battle for my dollars versus benefits given and Delta is losing. I don't think this qualifies me as a gamer so much as a cheap ... customer. But... Since I do live in the Philippines now.. Just a simple change of address and the fun can continue - sorry Delta your not getting rid of me yet!!!
I called the PM line last Friday, late at night. The young gentlemen actually told me, "Sir, it appears that you ar gaming the system".....he then proceeded to tell me to consider Southwest Airlines. I told him that I already have and he disconnected. Didn't remember his name nor did I say "YES" if I was able to take a brief survey.